Dr. Marc W. Herman, DDS
Serving patients in the community for over 38 years, Dr. Marc Herman’s advanced dental studies have trained him to deal with many dental concerns, such as implants, smile makeovers, snoring, improper jaw alignment, bite, teeth wear and TMJ issues. He and his staff are committed to the long-term dental health of all of their patients — from the smallest baby on up.
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- North Shore University Hospital, General Practice Residency
Dr. Herman is on the faculty of North Shore University Hospital / Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Hofstra School of Medicine, Department of Dental Medicine. He oversees 21 general and chief residents and was recently awarded his Master of Science in Health Care Ethics. At the Hofstra School of Medicine, Dr. Herman holds many roles, including:
- Chief of the Division of Practice Administration
- Chief of the Division of Orofacial Pain (TMJ)
- Chief of the Division of General Dentistry
- Chief of the Division of Medical Ethics
- Chief of the Division of Sports Medicine / Dental Sleep Medicine
- Part of the Medical Ethics Committee
Dr. Herman has received numerous awards, including the prestigious 30-Year Service Award from North Shore University Hospital. He has contributed to dental literature with several publications and serves on the editorial staff of the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry.
Awards & Recognition
- America’s Best Dentists – Dr. Marc Herman is one of the “best on the evidence of superior training, experience, continuing education and commitment to excellence”
- America’s Top Dentists
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – Dr. Marc Herman “is a professional dedicated to the highest levels of excellence in the art and science of cosmetic dentistry in accordance with the code of ethics upon which this organization was founded”
- Patient’s Choice Award – Dr. Marc Herman has been selected as one of New York’s Favorite Dentists
- Talk of the Town – Dr. Marc Herman, Excellence in Patient Satisfaction (9 consecutive years)
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists – Dr. Marc Herman is “dedicated to the advancement of oral implantology worldwide”
Organizations & Affiliations
Dr. Herman is a member of the following dental societies:
- The American Dental Association
- Fellow, The Northeastern Gnathological Society
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, The Implant Prosthetic Section
- Fellow, The Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- The American Academy of Dental Practice Administration, past President
- The Northeast Craniomandibular Society
- Nassau County Dental Society
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
Dr. Herman and his wife Hillary, who is a first grade teacher, have recently celebrated their 43rd anniversary. They have 3 sons: Jason, Corey and Zachary. Jason and his wife Sarah have two daughters, Emma Rose and Natalie Elizabeth. Corey and his wife Ronni have two daughters, Eliana Rae and Noa Abigail.
Dr. Herman is also dedicated to his community, serving in many capacities, including:
- Syosset Central School District Board of Education, President
- Syosset Soccer Club, Commissioner & Coach for over 20 years
- Gates Ridge Civic Association, President, Treasurer & Board Member
- Syosset Fire Department, EMT
- Mid-Island Y JCC, Board of Directors
Doris Lupo, Practice Manager
I’m Doris Lupo and I’ve been with Dr. Marc Herman for 36 years. What began for me as an opportunity to become a dental assistant has transitioned to my current position as the Practice Manager.
It began like this: I had just completed my studies at Farmingdale College and the Mandl School of Dental Assisting, and I was ready to begin my new career — so I answered a help-wanted ad for a dental assistant. Although I was right out of school, I got the job and my new boss was Dr. Marc Herman.
Within my first few days I found myself in amazement at the inviting, professional and congenial environment in Dr. Herman’s office. But most of all, I admired the beautiful dentistry produced by the extremely talented Dr. Herman and Dr. Hoffman (Dr. Hoffman has since retired).
Thirty-six years later, I am no longer a dental assistant, but the Practice Manager! I still absolutely love every minute that I’m here.
Through the practice I have made many wonderful lifelong friends, and I’ve seen over and over the difference we make for our patients. Dr. Herman is generous, sincere, charitable, and his enthusiasm for improving people’s lives through improving their smiles is truly infectious.
Recently I was awarded “Office Manager of the Year” by the American Association of Dental Office Managers. I continue my education by regularly attending lectures and classes.
I look forward with great anticipation to the continued growth of this brilliant practice and to making new friends along the way.
I’m here to serve you! If you have any questions, need help, want to make an appointment, or just chat, please feel free to call me at 516-921-8010.