Providing safe and clean environments for our patients is always a top priority – especially now. Prior to reopening our office, I consulted with a board-certified Cardiac Anesthesiologist specializing in cardiothoracic surgery (heart and lungs) treating those affected by COVID-19 on the front lines. Following his advice, I made important investments to redesign our office to make it ultra-safe.
We are now welcoming our patients back with open arms, and want you to feel at ease knowing new enhancements and procedures have been implemented as noted below.
- All staff has been vaccinated for COVID-19. Dr. Herman received the COVID-19 vaccine from Northwell Health in December 2020 and the staff received theirs in January 2021.
- We will check our own temperatures each morning.
- We will be social distancing in the workplace among ourselves and with our patients.
- Please call us when you arrive for your scheduled appointment and wait in your car until we come out to get you. You will need a mask to enter the office. If you do not have one, we will gladly provide one for you.
- Please dress warmly or bring a sweater. Due to the amount of protective gear, we will be wearing, we will be keeping the office cool.
- We will ask permission to take your temperature via a non-invasive process.
- We will be wearing face shields, N-95 masks, washable full-length gowns, and gloves.
- You will be draped in a blue apron with high-speed evacuation present in each room for all procedures.
- In most cases, cleanings will be performed without the ultrasonic dental cleaning tool, meaning a more personal touch and labor-intensive treatment — and less pain for sensitive teeth. There will be no change in our hygiene fees.
- If our hygienist needs to use the ultrasonic dental cleaning tool, a new high-volume evacuator will be used which decreases aerosols by 93%.
- We have placed an XPOWER X-2480A Professional 3 Stage Filtration HEPA Purifier System in each room that scrubs the air 12x per hour.
- We have placed a negative air machine in each room that will create a sanitized, negative pressure room like an operating room, along with zip wall zip doors to enter and Hornet UV Fixtures in our A/C and heating ducts and halcyon ceiling air filters.
- We have installed a Fog Electric Atomizer Sprayer to sanitize all office areas.
- We will be providing each patient with a mask to take home for private use.
Our office remodels and upgrades are now considered a best practice and exceed CDC, AMA, and ADA guidelines. I recently presented reopening advice to more than 160 dentists North Shore University Hospital-Long Island Jewish Medical Center where I teach every Thursday.
Circumventing routine periodontal cleanings, needed fillings and crowns today, could result in additional emergencies that may imperil your total health and/or the salvageability of your teeth later. Don’t hesitate to call and schedule an appointment. We stay committed to your safety, our well-being, and providing the ultimate in excellent dental care.